Gaza : a psycho analysis.
Please bear in mind this is a sketch, and lacks in detail and nuance.
1. The situation is akin to an abusive family dynamic.
2. The Powerful and Wrathful Parent (Israel) dominates the lives of 2 children (Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank).
3. One child (Gaza) resists and complains more than the other, and the complaints are ignored. When the children complains too loudly, the parent beats the child. With a stick. And sometimes sends the more resistant child to bed without any food.
4. When the Gaza child gets really, really frustrated, and somehow gets an opportunity, the Gaza slaps the parent on the knee. (Militants launching rockets)
5. The parent then hits the child full force with a fist to the face. (IDF Militarized Air, Sea and Land Attack on Gaza, Jets dropping massive precision strike munitions from unassailable positions)
The Gazan Child flies across the room. Bloody nose. Broken wrist.
"Look at what YOU made me do!" The Dad screams at the child, as the mother (USA/UK) enters the room.
6. Mother (USA/UK) shouts at child "Stop annoying your Dad! it' s your own fault he beats you! Obey him! He means well! Let's try at least to be a happier family, OK? (Israel is a 'Democracy'). Mother tends to child's wounds (Charity) whilst cooking meals for the Dad (Military Aid).
7. This situation is also a mirror of what is we call Western Democracy, ie; the Power Relationships of Governance, and the relative position of Rulers to the ruled, and to be fair, it is a mirror of most State Power Dynamics. It is at it's very core, the basis of all Empire logic. The current system is still rooted in Hierarchies of Power and Violence.
8. The other children (West Bank) in the family try their best to adapt to the situation, sometimes they need to scapegoat the abused child to continue to get favours, they try to pretend their family is healthy, and they keep their heads down, trying to run the family business.
One or two of the other children or cousins, living next door (Refugees living in the neighbouring Arab nations) accuse the Dad of brutality, behind his back, when talking to the abused children but do not confront the Israeli Dad. That would be too scary.
9. In other families the children have learned how to placate the abusive parent. They conform. (the western electorate) They send sweets and cards to the abused child. (Charity) to ease their conscience.
This is what is happening, at an Institutional level. Sort of.
Do what you love, it's Your Gift to Universe