- The Psychology of any emergent or given Society/Community/Family is both revealed, and perpetuated, in how that group treats it's children, and especially it's most vulnerable people... address that and you can change the whole society. Failure to address this where it is toxic ensures it's continuation. Eg: Aboriginal Residential Schools were intentionally designed to alter Aboriginal Society forever. Compulsory Schooling has the same purpose. John Taylor Gatto “Underground History of American Education” www.johntaylorgatto.com
- Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, David Cameron, George Osborne, George Bush, Richard Nixon, Tony Blair etc : What happened to these people when they were ‘in utero’, at birth, when they were babies, infants, toddlers, children, teenagers…. that they turned out like they have? This is a crucial question for each of us and for our culture. Alice Miller “For Your Own Good” http://www.nospank.net/fyog.htm
- The disruption of the biologically
mandated child-mother bonding process sets up a chain of events,
leading to emergent violence. Attachment
‘theory’ research on primates.
The flow is as follows: if the child is not related to in ways that nurture self-empathy, then the development of a loss of self-empathy occurs. With that loss comes a loss of empathy for others, a sense of disconnection is felt and with that comes more fear, compounding the fear the trauma generated.
The compounded, layered fear leads directly to a perceived (often unconscious) need to control others and to control the environment.
As all natural organisms are autonomous, self directing growing beings, so too they will resist, to one degree or another, efforts to control them. That resistance generates the use of violence or coercion to impose or retain that control.
In human family or society, if this pattern starts, and is not resolved, then each successive generation will impose that control, and those who hold Power will seek to enhance it, learning as time passes, and the children will grow up in an environment that they will 'adapt' to, the situation demanding the internalisation of that psychological need to control. Anthropology – James Prescott - http://www.violence.de/prescott/bulletin/article.html
baby/child/person would not be angry, confused or frightened at not
experiencing the experientials our biology has mandated? Think of the
child left to cry him/her self to sleep in a room away from his or her
parents, to scream and cry until finally exhaustion brings sleep. Is this
not a common practice in our culture? What of the resignation, the
suppression of that rage, the loss of self empathy which ensues from that
suppression which is a common outcome of such a practice? Adrenaline, Cortisol vs Oxytocin
Thus the need to control then gets transmitted through the structure of that family or society and over time becomes codified, normalised, embedded, institutionalised. Empire, Hierarchically Violent Societies.
- Why has neither the general public nor the secular authorities not moved to confront the Vatican on it’s record of child abuse within it’s Organisation? Linkage of Hierarchical Power Systems.
- What does this tell us about our Society? Psychological core or root.
- Why has natural birthing been replaced with ever increasing utilisation of ‘ceasarian section’ as an elective procedure, as a matter of choice? http://www.birthpsychology.com
- What does coercion of children speak of? Insecurity, mistrust, fear.
- Why is Society left out of the therapeutic process? http://www.davidsmail.info/talk01a.htm
WHY ARE WE DIFFERENT? WHAT ARE WE DOING AND WHY ARE WE DOING IT?
JAMES PRESCOTT’S WORK WITH JOHN BOLWBY,AND BEYOND …